Mahoning

Christ the Good Shepherd Parish - St. John the Baptist Church

Christ the Good Shepherd Parish - St. John the Baptist Church

159 Reed Ave
CampbellOH  44405 
Mailing Address
633 Porter AveCampbell , OH  44405
Phone: 330.755.4141
330-755-3633 Spanish
Fax: 330.755.1367
Email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Very Rev. Msgr. Peter Polando, J.C.L., Pastor
Mass Times:

Saturday Vigil, July-Jan. 4:00 pm
Sunday, 10:00 am
Weekdays, Tues., Wed., Thurs. 8:00 am

Sacrament of Reconciliation, July-Dec. Sat. 3:30 pm

Parish Website

 
Brief History:

St. John the Baptist parish was established in 1919 to minister to the growing number of Slovak immigrants to Campbell (then known as East Youngstown). The first resident pastor was Fr. John Krispinsky. A school was established in 1926 under the direction of the Ursuline Sisters. It was closed in 1984 due to a declining enrollment. A new church was dedicated in 1954, a beautiful edifice is still in use today. The number of parishioners peaked in the 1960's with 750 families. The number of households has dropped to about 540 families due to the closing of the steel mills in this area. The parish still remains a viable presence in the city of Campbell.

View on Google Maps
  
Back