Trumbull

St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish - SS. Cyril & Methodius Church



1234 High St. NE
WarrenOH  44483 
Mailing Address
185 Laird Ave NEWarren , OH  44483
Phone: 330.393.9766
Fax: 330.393.0555
Email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Rev. Craig McHenry, Pastor
Mass Times:

Saturday Vigil, 4:00 pm October thru March
Sunday, 8:30 am
Holy Day :see bulletin

Parish Website

 
Brief History:

In 1928, the parish of SS. Cyril and Methodius was organized to serve the Warren Catholics of Slovak descent. Rev. George R. Bobal was appointed as the first resident pastor.

In 1933, the Rev. John Kandrac purchased two public school buildings and moved them to parish-acquired property. Parishioners themselves dug the foundation and donated labor and materials to complete their own church building, and L-shaped white frame structure, which was blessed on September 17, 1933.

Later, under the efforts of their pastor, the Rev. J.A. Krispinsky, parishioners built one of the most beautiful edifices in the diocese, a modified Gothic church of rare and exquisite loveliness and a tribute to their noble Slovak Catholic ancestors. It was dedicated on May 20, 1950 by Bishop Emmet Walsh.

View on Google Maps
  
Back