Stark

Holy Family Parish - Navarre



216 Wooster St NE
Navarre, OH 44662
Phone: 330.879.5900
Fax: 330.879.5138
Email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Rev. Michael Seifert, Pastor
Mass Times:


St. Clement

Sunday, 8:00 am, 10:30 am
Weekdays, Mon 6:00 pm., Fri. 8:30 am
Communion Service: Wed., 8:30 am

St. Therese
Saturday Vigil, 4:00 pm
Sacrament of Reconcilliation: Saturday, 3:00pm or by appt.

Parish Website

Brief History:

Brewster was founded in 1906, when the Wheeling and Lake Erie Railroad located its shops and its offices in the town. With the shops and offices came Catholics from many states and of several national origins. The Italians, Croatians, and the Slovenians predominated. These Catholics attended Mass at St. Clement, Navarre and at St. Joseph and St. Mary in Massillon.

In 1927, at the request of about 80 families, the Most Reverend Joseph Schrembs, Bishop of Cleveland, established St. Therese Parish, with Father Thaddeus Marchant as its first pastor. The first Mass in Brewster was offered on December 4, 1927. Sunday Masses were said in the round for the next six months. On April 15, 1928, the Right Reverend Monsignor Clement H. Treiber officiated at the breaking of the ground for the church. Three months later, the structure was entirely completed. The plain church, of concrete and wood construction, was dedicated by Archbishop Schrembs on September 16, 1928. At this time, the church was placed under the protection of St. Therese, the Little Flower of Jesus.

A new parish hall was constructed in 1970 for CCD classes and social events. The church underwent an extensive renovation in 2002.

In addition to the town of Brewster, St. Therese Parish has in attendance the Catholic families living in Beach City, Justus, Wilmot, Massillon and the surrounding territory. At present there are over 170 families in the parish.

View on Google Maps
Back